2017 isn’t even a week old and there already has been quite a bit of news hitting the streets. With the new year, many new municipalities have seen the light and are now making golf carts and low speed vehicles legal on public streets. Expect more to follow suit.
Golf Cart Crimes
- Village security catches golf-cart thieves in the act from The Orange County Register. Feel good story of the week. The thieves stole two carts. The owner of the 2nd cart saw it go down and contacted security. A Villages security officer was able to track them down and apprehended them ON FOOT!
- Man rejects plea in case of truck that struck golf cart from the New Jersey Herald
- Woman dies after golf cart accident in Sun City West from YourWestValley.com
Golf Cart Laws
- Ana, NC city council allowing for use of golf carts on streets from The Gazette-Democrat
- Ohio now allows golf carts on 35 MPH roads from WTOV9.com
- New Year, New Law: : Golf carts now allowed on roadways
- Milford, Michigan city council asks to allow Golf Carts on City Streets from Hometownlife.com
Golf Cart News
- citECar Electric Vehicles Expanding in Charleston, SC from the Post & Courier